What is Co-Marketing?
Co-marketing is a partnership between two similar but different companies who decide to collaborate on a promotional effort (usually a piece of content or product).
A partnership marketing strategy helps two companies to:
• Expand awareness
• Build a new audience
• Expose new content to their audience
• Gain credibility
• Have a greater market reach
....and all this from doing less work & saving time.
Finding the Right Partner
Finding the right partner is key to co-marketing, here are some things to consider to ensure that the partnership is a match:
• Does your potential partner complement, but not compete with your company?
• Do they have similar but not identical customers?
• Does the potential partner have a good reputation, and would it help enhance yours to work with them?
• Do they have similar marketing style and similar goals?
• Do all partners agree to the terms? (budget, timetable, content, etc.)
Some good co-marketing partners might be: a yoga studio and health foods store, a real estate agent and mortgage broker, an insurance agent and a car dealership.
Examples of Co-Marketing
Not sure what kind of co-marketing projects you can work on? Here are some examples to get started with:
• Blog posts